So I am 35 and I have a great life with 2 wonderful children and a fantastic husband who is everything my biological father is not. I would think by now I would have gotten past the hurt and the pain but I haven't. I sit and listen to friends talk about how wonderful their own fathers are and I am jealous. I watch TV and secretly pray and wish that Dr. Richard Webber was my real dad. I see my best friend's Dad and wish that he could really adopt me, not because I need the financial stability or the guidance that I once needed but because every little girl needs a Daddy! And I know without a shadow of a doubt that if my best friend needed anything that Steve would be right there! Seriously why has Hallmark not created a card for Deadbeat Dad's. I can actually come up with a few kitschy sayings myself: Deadbeat Dad's turning children into angry, hostile adults one kid at a time!
|OK So maybe I altered this a little. But seriously I would buy it and send it!|
I actually found a few on the Internet, which makes me believe that I am not alone in the angry deadbeat dad department. So please take note Hallmark because I think you have your new money maker and I want royalty fees because I came up with the idea!
- Deadbeat dads: It is time to step up and be a man. Call your children and tell them sorry for being a piece of shit. Then actually stay around and be a positive force in their life!
- Deadbeat dads simply do not like the rules and many will move, remarry, change names, and work for cash to avoid any and all parental responsibility.
- Deadbeat dads are like magicians, they pull lifetime disappearing acts.
- Deadbeat dads are like a plague on society and all should be neutered with a rusty breadknife.
- Deadbeat dads are the lowest form of life on earth.
- Deadbeat dads are the real trash of the world. Next are abusers!
- Deadbeat dads are all over the place, it's almost kind of common....but when a mother leaves her child, people think, "how could a woman do that????"
- Deadbeat dads don't pay child support. They minimize their taxable income to cheat their kids!
And my personal favorite:
Deadbeat dads are full of hatred, vengeance and spite. They plunge their kids into poverty or deny them middle-class comfort, just to punish their former partners.
So I am not winning any prizes for being politically correct or bringing home any literary awards but I do speak the truth and try to put a spin of humor in for good measure. If you are one of those people that can't handle the truth.......well I shall stop myself right there because I am sure you already know what I am thinking!